Next gala: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Tickets are available right now.
Click on tab titled:
BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition
held in conjunction with the
BC Chefs Association.
Generous box of produce
Drinks are extra.
Vegetarian options available
If you would like more info
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- If in #Edmomton check this spot out for gifts for your earth friendly people. twitter.com/EarthsGeneral/… 20 hours ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 2 Mentions, 14.1K Mention Reach, 5 Likes, 8 New Followers, 1 Reply, 13 Tweets. See yours with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @VancityBuzz: Win the ultimate @Fitbit prize pack including a new #Ionic smartwatch, #Aria2 smart scale, and more valued at $830 via @Va… 3 days ago
- 6 Bates Method Eye Exercises to Improve your Vision tedmaser.com/batesmethodeye… via @tedmaser 3 days ago
- RT @VancityBuzz: Win a day of relaxation, rejuvenation, and massages at #Whistler’s @ScandinaveWhis via @VancityBuzz https://t.co/JDN58Ndp3… 3 days ago
- 7,710 hits
Tag Archives: bcpma
BCPMA membership includes anyone who is connected to the growing, distribution or selling of fresh fruits and vegetables. This includes retailers, wholesalers, food service distributors, brokers, growers, importers, transporters, packaging, refrigeration and other suppliers.
Since its beginning in 1956, our members enjoy a first name basis relationship as a result of our strongly supported interactive activities and programs.
At our functions, there are great opportunities to meet first hand with all sectors of the fresh fruit and vegetable industry in British Columbia.
When you arrive at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 for the annual Healthy Chef Competition you will find two envelopes at your seat. Don’t open them until weathercaster Marke Driesschen gives you the go-ahead.
At that stage you’ll discover that your entrée may be different from the person sitting on either side of you. Add in jazz music, sport celebrities, chef and media judges, auctions and a room full of produce industry professionals and foodies and you are in for an evening of fun.
BC based culinary schools, hotels and restaurants have been pondering how to incorporate an insane amount of produce into their entrées while impressing the judges with their use of colour, taste, texture, temperature and creativity.
This year up to ten food establishments will be competing at Healthy Chef Competition. The judging, which takes place as guests mingle and check out the table presentations, will commence at 6:30 PM.
Every guest takes home a generous box of fruits and vegetables and plenty of recipe and nutritional ideas. Musical entertainment is provided by the Ross Barrett jazz quartet. See the side bar for information about tickets. A handful are still available.