Next gala: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Tickets are available right now.
Click on tab titled:
BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition
held in conjunction with the
BC Chefs Association.
Generous box of produce
Drinks are extra.
Vegetarian options available
If you would like more info
April 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @EarthfreshFarms: Final day of #CPMA2018 is done. Booth 845 to try a potato smoothie! Love the #canadian #flag twitter.com/EarthfreshFarm… 1 hour ago
- Great to see the qpma at the produce in women's first event @ Vancouver Convention Centre instagram.com/p/BiA6PCtH14s/ 15 hours ago
- Women in produce off to a roaring start. #cpma2018 @ Vancouver Convention Centre instagram.com/p/BiA5-D0nXOn/ 16 hours ago
- Great to see Kelsey Serwa @bctreefruits @OppyProduce @BCProduceBC @kelseyserwa pick up great autographed photos https://t.co/naIrn9QN2W 17 hours ago
- Good on you VCC! https://t.co/utTqgyOBu3 19 hours ago
- 7,721 hits
Tag Archives: bcpma
BCPMA membership includes anyone who is connected to the growing, distribution or selling of fresh fruits and vegetables. This includes retailers, wholesalers, food service distributors, brokers, growers, importers, transporters, packaging, refrigeration and other suppliers.
Since its beginning in 1956, our members enjoy a first name basis relationship as a result of our strongly supported interactive activities and programs.
At our functions, there are great opportunities to meet first hand with all sectors of the fresh fruit and vegetable industry in British Columbia.
When you arrive at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 for the annual Healthy Chef Competition you will find two envelopes at your seat. Don’t open them until weathercaster Marke Driesschen gives you the go-ahead.
At that stage you’ll discover that your entrée may be different from the person sitting on either side of you. Add in jazz music, sport celebrities, chef and media judges, auctions and a room full of produce industry professionals and foodies and you are in for an evening of fun.
BC based culinary schools, hotels and restaurants have been pondering how to incorporate an insane amount of produce into their entrées while impressing the judges with their use of colour, taste, texture, temperature and creativity.
This year up to ten food establishments will be competing at Healthy Chef Competition. The judging, which takes place as guests mingle and check out the table presentations, will commence at 6:30 PM.
Every guest takes home a generous box of fruits and vegetables and plenty of recipe and nutritional ideas. Musical entertainment is provided by the Ross Barrett jazz quartet. See the side bar for information about tickets. A handful are still available.