Next gala: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Tickets are available right now.
Click on tab titled:
BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition
held in conjunction with the
BC Chefs Association.
Generous box of produce
Drinks are extra.
Vegetarian options available
If you would like more info
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The Teacher at VIFF Vancity Theatre archive.viff.org/e-blasts/vanci… 23 hours ago
- How to say Eggplant in 29 languages - in Finnish it is "munakoiso" - muna does mean egg in Suomi. twitter.com/freshstalks6/s… 23 hours ago
- BC peaches would also be very good! It all depends where you live in Canada. twitter.com/ProduceSimple/… 1 day ago
- Plenty of fun for veggie loving kids on the Freggie site. Its a bit of an odd looking dude but pretty friendly. twitter.com/CalgaryPMA/sta… 1 day ago
- Good soil makes great produce. #fresh twitter.com/wrobertsfood/s… 1 day ago
- 7,700 hits
Tag Archives: bcpma
BCPMA membership includes anyone who is connected to the growing, distribution or selling of fresh fruits and vegetables. This includes retailers, wholesalers, food service distributors, brokers, growers, importers, transporters, packaging, refrigeration and other suppliers.
Since its beginning in 1956, our members enjoy a first name basis relationship as a result of our strongly supported interactive activities and programs.
At our functions, there are great opportunities to meet first hand with all sectors of the fresh fruit and vegetable industry in British Columbia.
When you arrive at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 for the annual Healthy Chef Competition you will find two envelopes at your seat. Don’t open them until weathercaster Marke Driesschen gives you the go-ahead.
At that stage you’ll discover that your entrée may be different from the person sitting on either side of you. Add in jazz music, sport celebrities, chef and media judges, auctions and a room full of produce industry professionals and foodies and you are in for an evening of fun.
BC based culinary schools, hotels and restaurants have been pondering how to incorporate an insane amount of produce into their entrées while impressing the judges with their use of colour, taste, texture, temperature and creativity.
This year up to ten food establishments will be competing at Healthy Chef Competition. The judging, which takes place as guests mingle and check out the table presentations, will commence at 6:30 PM.
Every guest takes home a generous box of fruits and vegetables and plenty of recipe and nutritional ideas. Musical entertainment is provided by the Ross Barrett jazz quartet. See the side bar for information about tickets. A handful are still available.