Win 2 tickets to the 13th Annual Healthy Chef Competition.
1. Simply email your answer (or send a visual) to the following question: What is your favourite fruit or vegetable and why?
2. Submit it no later than midnight, Thursday, March 1, 2012 to: HealthyChef2012@gmail.com
3. Please include your first and last name, address, email address and ten digit day time and evening telephone number in the body of the email. Limit of one (1) entry per individual.
2. From all submissions received representatives of the BCPMA will randomly pick a winner on Friday, March 2, 2012.
3. You will have to answer a skill testing math question if you are picked as the winner. (This is a rather interesting law that still exists in Canada).
4. If you win you get two tickets to the event which takes places on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver. See the tab titled highlights for more details.
5. You agree to allow us to promote the fact that you won the contest by signing a release form.
6. If you submit an entry, which may or may note be the winner, to this contest we may post it onto this website for others to read. We will announce the winner shortly after the contest closing (see rule #2).
7. Full official rules are listed below.
CONTEST CLOSES BY MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2012!
Watch this site for recent entries. Good luck to everyone who enters. This is a fun event for anyone who loves food and enjoys eating.
Rules & Regulations – 13th Annual Healthy Chef Competition
Date: Tuesday, February-21-12 16:34 PM PT
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
February 21, 2012
1. TO ENTER the BCPMA 13th Annual Healthy Chef Competiton contest (the “Contest”) simply email your answer to what is your favourite fruit or vegetable and why to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As an alternative you may also submit a visual showing why you enjoy a particular fruit or vegetable. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address and ten digit day time and evening telephone number. Limit of one (1) entry per individual. Contest starts at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, February-21-12, and closes on Thursday, March 1st, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
2. The contest sponsors are the BCPMA – BC Produce Marketing Association (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of British Columbia and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Prize – There is one (1) Prize consisting of two (2) tickets to the 13th Annual BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition. The Prize expires on March 7, 2012. Approximate retail value of the Prize is one hundred and seventy ($170.00) Cdn.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Friday, March 2, 2012 at approximately 10:00 a.m. PT, a random draw for the Prize will take place in British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. BCPMA, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by BCPMA before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Monday, March 5, 2012.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to BCPMA via email@example.com Or by mail to: BCPMA 3662 Bracewell Place Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 7B7
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
I have read these rules and agree to abide by them.