Our primary objective is to ensure continued increase in the awareness and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in B.C.
· Our primary promotional programs include an annual high profile 5 to 10 A Day Healthy Chef Competition gala event, a major sponsorship and promotion of Childrun in cooperation with the B.C. Children’s Hospital, two Annual Golf Tournaments and a Gala Christmas Dinner Party.
· We work very closely with the Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) enhancing consumer and industry awareness of the “5 to 10 A Day Program” in British Columbia.
· We participate in promotional and trade shows including the annual Canadian Produce Marketing Convention and Trade Show .
· We conduct a cooperative Sponsorship Program for our members and interested parties to increase the awareness of products and services from their individual firms via our promotional activities.
· In addition, we provide information, educational programs and newsletters for our members and other interested parties on issues impacting the marketing of fresh fruit and vegetables in B.C. such as: Consumption Trends, Food Safety, Food Quality, New Technology, Trade and Government Regulations.
· The B.C. Produce Marketing Association acts as a primary contact for the fresh produce industry in B.C. and encourages communication and cooperation between all groups.