Over the next few days we will start posting about the Healthy Chef 2013 Competition which takes place at the Hyatt on March 13th. You will find the link here shortly. If you could like to purchase tickets you can check out this link at:
On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 ten culinary establishments will compete at the 13th annual Healthy Chef Competition. The competitors, ranging from established restaurants and hotels to culinary schools, will present entrées and desserts to executive chef judges from the BC Chefs Association (BCCA) and a media judge (TBA).
Under the guidance of Executive Chef Mike Pinter, the judges will evaluate each competitor’s use of fresh produce, taste and plate display. Trophies will be awarded for Best Entrée, Best Dessert, Best Table Showcase, People’s Choice and the Healthy Plate Award. The latter includes a $1,000 prize where judging will focus on how the fresh produce is profiled and overall healthiness of the dish.
Part of the appeal of the event is the mystery. Those who attend will receive an envelope at their seat indicating which entrée and dessert they will enjoy that evening. This gala event, which is open to the trade and public, is a collaboration between the BC Produce Marketing Association (BCPMA) and the BCCA which brings the food industry together to promoting healthy eating.
Greg Holmes with BC Fresh and President of BCPMA comments, “The Healthy Chef Competition is an unique event where the agriculture, distributors and foodservice industries unite their efforts to bring more fresh produce to the public.”
13th annual Healthy Chef Competition Highlights
• Marke Driesschen, CTV Weather Specialist, as the Master of Ceremonies
• An amazing mystery meal made by one of the competitors followed by dessert from another property.
• Award presentations for the Best Entrée, Dessert, Healthy Plate, Table Presentation and People’s Choice
• Watch a special presentation of a $7,000 cheque to the BC Chef’s Junior Scholarship by the BCMPA
• Presentations to three non-profit health organizations (Canadian Cancer Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation and “Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up” for Better Health program)
• Participate in a Silent Auction, Live Auction, Balloon Pop Prize or 50/50 Draw
• Enjoy musical entertainment provided by the Ross Barrett Jazz Quartet
Date: Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 6:30 PM
Start time: 6:30 PM till 10 PM
Location: Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 665 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2R7 Tickets: $85.00 each and include a fresh box of produce. No Host bar.